Do you need to execute a quick and effective assessment?
The assessment process also builds organizational support and executive sponsorship for each opportunity having a favorable business case. When the assessment is complete, you’re well positioned to start executing on the most profitable opportunity. A typical assessment requires a consultant(s) for just a couple of days.
Primary activities for a capabilities assessment to assess an organization’s current capabilities, infrastructure, and opportunities include the following:
- Iinterviewing executives and staff to discover promising operational business intelligence opportunities
- Data profiling of current data assets
- Reviewing the augmentation of third-party data sets for potential data enrichment
- Inventorying hardware and software assets available for operational business intelligence
- Cataloguing employee skill-sets
Deliverables include the following:
- A gap analysis (covering technical skills, data assets, and infrastructure) for major operational business intelligence
- A quantitative business case for each opportunity
- A conceptual technical approach for each opportunity
- A roadmap proposing a high-level schedule for realizing favorable opportunities
- Recommendations for developing the organization’s capabilities to support the roadmap
We leverage assessment activities systematically to maximize executive and grass roots support for favorable opportunities. As a result, the assessment sponsor is well positioned to execute the roadmap at the assessment’s conclusion.